Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Making stuff

I keep thinking "I should post some stuff." Which is rapidly followed by the thought "Just let me finish one more thing, then I'll take some pictures." Ok, so at the rate that I work, I'm never going to post anything if I keep that up. So here's what I've been up to lately. Besides school.

After the OFFF, Sarah and I swapped hand-dyed fiber. This is what she gave me:

And here it is, all spun up and plied:

I call it "Sarahndipity" - the colors are so perfectly Sarah's colorway. I just love it. I'll post a picture once it's knitted up.

I have also spun up a bunch of thick and thin for my etsy shop. And in other craftiness, I constructed a lightbox in which to take pictures of my yarn. I fear the colors actually come out truer when photographed against a blanket or sheet on the couch. Meh.

2 comments:

Erin said...

hi,
sarah's yarn is gorgeous -- and so perfectly plied (by you)!
also, your Shop looks GREAT!!!
I LOVE THE Beyond the Sea handspun!

;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours and the yarn is just gorgeous. What are you going to make from it?