Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The big update!

Happy day after Christmas all!

As promised, I have tons of crafty goodness to post, now that it has been gifted. But first, the exciting news: Nikol's book is out, and my knitting is in it!!

As you can see here the tank and the owl that I knitted made an appearance in the book. I'm so excited (and unreasonably proud)!

Ok, onto more recent creations...

I finally got around to making a Clapotis.
This was a Christmas gift for my sister. I knit it from my own handpainted sock yarn, using the pattern from Knitty.com, modified to make a scarf.
Also for my sister - a pair of pearl and crystal earrings. For my sister-in-law, I made this jasper and leaf necklace. I hope she likes it!

I found this awesome pendant from gNeebo on etsy.com and made this necklace for a good friend of mine.




And finally, I present the project that I was most excited about: The R2D2 hat that I designed/knit for my brother-in-law! He is a huge Star Wars fan, and asked if I could make him a hat like this ages ago. I finally got to it, and am fairly pleased with the results. (Now I have to hope George Lucas won't sue me for some sort of copyright infringement.)

In addition to the glory of having lots of obligatory crafting out of the way, Christmas was grand. We spent the afternoon with my sister and BIL, ate tons of yummies, played games, and generally vegged out. It was a very nice, low-key day. I was gifted with many wonderful things - too many to list, for fear of leaving something out. I surprised H with a beer-brewing kit. We'll see how that goes... hopefully we won't have to sustain too many errors before he gets the hang of it.Happy Holidays!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh! I just bought that book. Can't wait for it arrive.

iamthanu said...

That is the coolest R2D2 hat ever! My brother would be so jealous. Inspires me to chart one out.

And the book is very cool.

Sarah said...

I heart this book in ways that I cannot describe. I don't know if that dress is for me, but I might be making an owl sometime soon...

Sus said...

Ahhhh! The R2 hat!!!! You are a total rockstar. That is an awesome idea and terrific execution!