Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Plague

It's not just a novel by Camus.

It is also the state of things around here. H has been seriously ill for 11 straight days now. Flu (official, hospital diagnosed, flu virus), pneumonia, and ear infection. Fun stuff. He's been out of work and out of commission for a week and a half.

I managed to be the impervious nurse for the first full week. I felt fine. I was not going to catch this nastiness. Clearly I would have been symptomatic early on.

Yeah, right.

Wednesday morning arrived with full-on cough, sore throat, headache and bodyaches. My turn. Uch.

Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to offer next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

De-lurking to wish you a speedy recovery. I seem to have the same flu in Texas that most of my friends in New York have. Apparently it made it's way to the west coast as well. Love the new necklace!

Anonymous said...

By the way, you should hold the shower in Saratoga Springs. It's less than half an hour from Lake George, and a gorgeous, little town. The Lincoln Mineral Baths are there and are absolutely lovely, as is the rest of the Spa. It is a town where you can book a hotel on the main drag (I like the Saratoga Arms or the Gideon Putnam) and be in walking distance to everything. This includes little crafty shops, pubs, the cutest wine shop, spas, etc. Of course, I am biased, I went to college there. :)

Annigan said...

Hi Stacy... I know the area - I grew up there. :) Saratoga is indeed great. And several of the wedding events will be at the places you mentioned. Good call!