Saturday, April 08, 2006

Comings and goings

We travelled to Gearhart, on the Oregon shore, last weekend to visit Sarah and Blake and their pups, Maisy and Rufus.
We had a fantastic time - it was very low key and relaxing, with plenty of good pup-lovin' and playtime, excellent cheese, viewing adventures, yarn-spinning and superb conversation. Thank you Sarah and Blake!

I've been keeping myself occupied with some yarn and fiber dyeing. I dyed some sock yarn with kool-aid over the past few weeks.


And here is some of the fiber I just dyed. This was my first attempt at acid dyeing. It turned out much better than I'd dared to hope. Now I can't wait to spin it, ply it, and make some socks!

I've been stymied in my attempts to be as crafty as I'd like lately by the whole school thing. (Still!) The writing, she progresses. *sigh* And I'm now 2 weeks into the spring quarter with a new crop of studentlies. They're a good group - so far they've been pretty tame and quiet. Not much new to report, on the whole of things.

H's grandpa has not been doing well. He's had an assortment of health troubles that have kept him in the hospital for the better part of a month now. It's very hard on the family, and we're sort of at a loss as to what to do. It does look like there will be a quick trip to NY in the near future. *sigh*

2 comments:

Erin said...

sweet pups, beautiful yarn, and i like the new background...

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've really been busy dyeing! Can't wait to see how it will be spun up.