Monday, April 10, 2006

Happiness is yarn

Here is some of the roving that I dyed on Saturday.
And here it is on the bobbin. I'm so happy with it - the fiber is spinning up nicely, and the colors are coming out great. I can't believe I'm actually happy with my first attempt at dyeing my own yarn. It really is awesome!

The problem with this, however, is that I'm constantly thinking about colorways that I want to dye, and yarn I want to spin and projects I'd like to make. I'm not thinking about the dissertation I should be working on, or the resumes I should be sending out. I just want to make yarn! Is this the beginning of something great, or the first moments of my descent into madness?

P.S. I forgot to say... After washing out the second batch of dyed fiber the other day, I tried the Twisted Sisters tip about drying the wool in the washer on the spin cycle (with the water shut off). It works fabulously! The wool was almost entirely dry after a spin in the machine. Woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least if it is a descent into madness it's a fun one ;)

I love the colors, when do we get to see a picture of it skeined up?

-Sarah
http://www.slaphog.com/sarahblog/