Sunday, October 09, 2005

In other news

Not much has happened in the past week worth updating. I finished one sock, but haven't had much time for any other craftiness. I've been really busy keeping up with my teaching assistant position. It's going really well, and I adore my classes. The students are really great for the most part, and even the so-far unspectacular ones are way better than most. So, although it's time consuming in the biggest way, it's going really well. Yea!

H starts his new job tomorrow - another yea! He had this past week off and made much of his time. But now it is time to rejoin the working world (lest I really start pushing the housework thing!). Not only will this job free him of the EVIL that was his former supervisor, he is also now free of having to be at work at 7am. He has to be there at 9am! After 5 years of rising at 5:45am, I am giddy with this development! I can only think that this is a harbinger of very good things at the new job.

The other biggest thing in my life right now is my upcoming trip to Kansas! Although this may not be something that most would get their panties in a twist about, I am over the moon! A friend has written a knitting patterns book, and a bunch of us are converging upon her converted school-home for a weekend of testing knitting patterns and general girly fun. It should be the best time... I absolutely can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait! I picked up my fugly luggage today and that means the trip is officially REAL.

-Sarah
http://www.slaphog.com/sarahblog/

Anonymous said...

Wheeee!!!!