Sunday, October 02, 2005

Stash from the Fest

It's now been a week since I went to the Flock and Fiber fest in Oregon, and I have finally taken pictures of the treasures procured there.
This is a "mystery batt" of various fibers. It has very soft shading to it, and will be nice to mix in with other fiber, or make some very humble yarn with.
This is sheep wool, dyed a lovely red with steaks of greens and blues. I'm envisioning mittens, perhaps.
These two lovelies are merino/tencel blends. I couldn't resist the colors, and they feel wonderful.
This is some natural yak's wool. It is so much softer than you can imagine. I thought yak would be coarse, but it's very fluffy and soft. I only got a little bit to play with - I should have bought more!
And this is a cotton/hemp blend. I was interested in spinning some plant fibers, so I got just a wee bit to try out.

Though it doesn't look like much, this will keep me plenty busy! And though I certainly didn't NEED it, I came across some unbelievably soft baby camel fiber at Weaving Works today and just couldn't resist that either. So I got some to toss into the mix. Stay tuned for LOTS of forthcoming yarn!

In related news, I finished spinning the fiber that Sarah dyed and gave me. It came out so much nicer than my green crap. What a difference the original fiber makes! I will take pictures of that once I have washed it and made it all nice and bouncy.

No comments: